We specialise in helping directly authorised financial advisers who focus on clients approaching retirement. We have detailed knowledge in all areas of financial planning, including investments, protection and tax planning.
Argonaut Paraplanning was set up in 2011 by Alan Gow FPFS, APP, ACSI.
Alan is a Chartered Financial Planner, Fellow of the Personal Finance Society and CISI Accredited Paraplanner. He previously worked as a financial complaints investigator. He organises and hosts regular paraplanner events in London, sits on the Personal Finance Society’s paraplanner advisory panel and has spoken at national events, including the IFP (now CISI) conference, PFS Paraplanner conference and Paraplanner Assembly.
The team has many years of experience and this includes the following:
- Drafting bespoke financial plans
- Cashflow planning
- Pensions (including switches and transfers)
- Drawdown (including capped drawdown, phased capped drawdown and flexible drawdown)
- Group pension schemes and salary sacrifice arrangements
- Family SIPP, SSAS (including defined benefit SSAS)
- Investments (including investment bonds, structured products, OEICs, unit trusts, direct equities and more)
- EIS, Seed EIS, VCT and Business Relief Schemes, including AIM Portfolios
- Wraps / platforms
- Estate planning
- Long term care